We love skincare, and in particular advances in skincare to keep our skin glowing and take the years off, so when La Roche-Posay got in touch to give us the opportunity to review their Retional B3 range we thought we’d put these products to the test.
For those of you new to the term Retinol, it’s a form of Vitamin A, an ingredient that promotes skin renewal and enhances collagen production.
We’ve always liked the idea of using retinol, but know skin can become sensitive when using the first few times. La Roche Posay have taken this into consideration and designed a range aimed at sensitive skin, so users can still have the benefits of retional without tight and red skin following application.
The three products from La Roche-Posay we applied daily included:
- Retinol b3 serum 0.3% retinol + vitamin b3 serum – Clinically proven to firm, fill and smooth sensitive skin
- Redermic [r] eyes – to combat visible signs of aging in the eye area in particular
- Redermic anti-wrinkle retinol treatment (advised to avoid sunlight during use, best used at night) – to combat the visible signs of ageing (face and neck)
After a week of using the La Roche-Posay retinol range, we noticed surface wrinkles appear finer, a more even skin tone and any kind of puffiness reduced (which was a skin concern prior to using retinol). Additionally, any irritating spots had risen to the surface, which will eventually disappear after using the products for a further few weeks.
If you’re considering using retinol, a few things you should consider:
- Use once a week to start with a build up a resilience to the products
- You should start using retinol in your 20’s
- Retinol, Retin-A & Retinoid are not the same thing – Retinol is the over-the-counter version of Retin-A, which becomes the active Retinoic Acid when it hits the skin
- If you have never used retinol before, or have dry and sensitive skin use a lower-strength retinol. You will see brilliant results, especially when applied daily.
- Moderate percentages of retinol (0.04% to 0.1%) give you results faster than lower percentages of retinol.
- Ensure you use an SPF 30 or above over retinol during the day
To find out more about La Roche-Posay Retinol, head over to: https://www.laroche-posay.co.uk/
Thanks for reading!