After a busy month out of London, living in the hot Indonesian climate and in the middle of a field at Latitude festival, it was pretty safe to say that my skin was screaming out for some much-needed TLC – enter Bobbi Brown skincare.
Having not previously tried Bobbi Brown skincare, I thought what better way to put it to the test than exclusively only using their products for a week. So below is the routine I used to get my skin looking from zero to hero over the course of a week.
1. To kick-start my routine I used Bobbi Brown Hydrating Rich Cream Cleanser (£22) mixed in with Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains (£32) to give my skin the deep exfoliation is was crying out for.
What I thought was great about the buffing grains was that the product gives you full control over skin exfoliation. As a posed to a standard exfoliation product, the control is completely in your hands (literally) and you can fully customise the product to the consistency your skin requires (in my case I used a 50 pence piece size) – just add a small amount for a light polish or a larger quantity for a deep polish.
I used the avocado butter based hydrating rich cream cleanser on a daily basis – first thing in the morning and last thing at night. The cream cleanser has a good consistency and washes away the day’s impurities in an instant, leaving skin feeling clean, hydrated and well balanced.
2. After my face was as polished as a fine diamond, I spritzed my face daily with Bobbi Brown Face Mist (£22). The mist contains cucumber and green tea extracts to refresh and moisten skin and is a great pre-moisturisor, as well as an absolute go-to to keep skin hydrated and cool throughout the day. I would recommend this product to anyone who works in an air-conditioned office or travels a lot for work to stop skin drying out.
3. On exfoliation days, I applied a thin layer of Bobbi Brown Instant Detox Mask (£33), which I ensured covered my stubble and neck as well as my face. Little tip guys – Don’t forget to use face masks over stubble – it may seem unnatural, but it’s an easily forgotten about an important area of the face to keep clean. The skin under stubble/beards is prone to dryness and can accumulate dirt, so it’s best to not miss these areas to ensure impurities are drawn out on a regular basis.
What I liked the most about the instant detox mask, was that unlike other masks I’ve tried in the past you can actually see this one getting to work. Having combination skin my oil-prone areas dried out first, of which I could physically see the impurities being drawn out of and brought to the surface of my skin.
4. I tapped Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (£32.50) around my eye area in the morning and at night – an absolute saviour as I suffer from eczema on one of my eyelids. This rich cream eye gel sinks into the skin with ease and gets to work straight away.
5. I added moisture back into my face using Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream (£40) – a light moisturiser perfect for the summer months, packed with anti-oxidants such as Vitamin E to protect skin against environmental damage.
6. Finally, I used Bobbi Brown Skin Smoothing Pore Perfector (£26), which blurs the appearance of pores, while controlling excess oil and smooth skin’s texture. This worked well to even out my skin tone and sealed those open pores.
And here’s the end result:
For more info and pricing head over to www.bobbibrown.co.uk. Thanks to the Bobbi Brown UK PR team.